Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Top 20 songs from The Clash

 

I really only knew seven songs by The Clash before beginning this project, but enjoyed doing a deep dive into their catalog of punk rock tunes. I gained a little more respect for the English group, especially their song writing.


Top 20

The Clash


1. Train in Vain - I ranked it the 106th best song of all time a few years ago

2. Rock the Casbah - The group's lone top 10 single in the U.S.

3. Should I Stay or Should I go? - Probably the band's best sing-a-long tune

4. London Calling - Named after the BBC's World Service station identification and covered by The Boss

5. Janie Jones - The opening track on the group's first album in 1977

6. Stay Free - My favorite among the songs I had not heard before

7. White Riot - The band's first single from its debut album

8. Complete Control - A grievance song against CBS Records

9. I Fought the Law - Cover of a song written by Sonny Curtis of the Crickets, who released it in 1960

10. Death or Glory - Included on the 1979 "London Calling" album and written about the previous generation of rock stars


11. Police on my back

12. Straight to Hell

13. Clampdown

14. The Call Up

15. The Magnificent Seven

16. Lost in the Supermarket

17. I'm Not Down

18. (White Man) In Hammersmith Palais

19. Brand New Cadillac

20. Bankrobber


Others

Safe European Home

Spanish Bombs

Somebody Got Murdered

Career Opportunities

Charlie don't surf

1977





No comments:

Post a Comment