Thursday, June 10, 2021

Stevie Wonder's top 20 songs

 

Mark Pukalo

Stevie Wonder

Top 20

Stevie has a great library of tunes that span several decades. Here's my try at ranking them....


1. You are the Sunshine of my Life - Just a lovely song that has always been my favorite from Stevie

2. Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours - Terrific, soul/rock tune that President Obama apparently used at most of his rallies

3. If You Really Love Me - A great song I had forgotten about until I did the deep dive on his library

4. Living for the City - A wonderful, biting political song about the plight of black Americans that won a pair of Grammys

5. My Cherie Amour - Beautiful song that even sounded perfect as a backdrop to Kate Hudson getting her stomach pumped in "Almost Famous"

6. Higher Ground - Apparently Stevie wrote and recorded the memorable inspirational song in a three-hour period

7. Superstition - Stevie worked with rock guitarist Jeff Beck on this No. 1 song in 1972 - his first in almost 10 years

8. Boogie on Reggae Woman - The funky R&B song continued his run of top 10 hits in 1975.

9.  Don't You Worry Bout' a Thing - Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper start their dance routine with this tune in "Silver Linings Playbook"

10. I Believe (When I Fall in Love it will be forever) - This song sounds so good and is placed perfectly at the end of "High Fidelity"


11. You Haven't Done Nothin'

12. Sir Duke

13. That Girl

14. Isn't She Lovely

15. For Once in my Life

16. Do I Do

17. Yesterme, Yesteryou, Yesterday

18. Ribbon in the Sky

19. I Wish

20. I Was Made to Love You


Joe Lunardi's first 8 out

Send one your love

Overjoyed

Front Line

Ebony & Ivory

Fingertips

Part time Lover

Uptight (Everything's Alright)

Master Blaster (Jammin')







No comments:

Post a Comment